Laser hair Removal

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Laser hair Removal

Postby ksl4139 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:41 pm

This is probably for you Pat. I didn't read through every section of this site, my question is, can I have laser hair removal on my leg that has lymphedema? No matter how careful I am, I still nick myself every time I shave. Then the scabs take so long to heal.
Thanks
Kathy
ksl4139

Postby patoco » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:03 am

Hi Kathy

We did have quite a discussion on this earlier...tried to find it and couldn't. :(

Will try again. The jest of the discussion was that there is to great os a posibility of infection and inflammation to try this.

Doesn't leave the ladies with much choice in hair removal on the leg.

Blades are supposed to be a no no as well...have you tried an electric razor?

Best to you

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby ksl4139 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:10 pm

I know I am suppose to use the electric razor, just postponing it until the bitter end. But.... just what would exactly happen if I did go and get the laser on the leg? I sound like I am trying to get permission, ha ha.
ksl4139

hair removal

Postby suzeeq » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:08 pm

How about Nair, or a similar product for hair removal? I'm still using a regular razor and have not had any problems. I think I've only had 2 nicks in the 5 years that I have had LE - so far so good. Susan
suzeeq

Postby joanne johnson » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi,
I think Nair may not be a good idea as it has various chemicals in it. It my cause inflammation or worse if you have a break in the skin that you are not aware of.

I still use a razor and sometimes I do nic myself and end up leaking fluid for days. I do take a chance but I don't think electric razors do a very good job and you have to shave more often. Just putting in my 2 cents :roll:
joanne johnson

Postby Lynora » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:17 am

Hair is there for a reason - to protect. Once you start scything them away with sharp metal, you are opening yourself to all sorts of complications. Please, ladies, leave them (the hairs) where they are. If you MUST remove them, use an electric razor. If you examined a wet razor under a magnifying glass you would see all the little bacteria sitting with knives and forks in their multiple hands - napkins tucked into their collars - just waiting to get to work on the open chasms left in the surface of your skin by the seemingly 'sharp' blade. The bugs are resident on all of us - that is nature at its best. But, for those of you with lymphoedema, the good guys (lymphatics) are trying to fight against all odds to work, and if you give them a dose of stapph to cope with, you effectively make them throw in the towel.
Instead of buying razors, buy eye makeup, or have your hair styled. Very few people want to talk to anything below your waist, so hairs on legs are pretty insignificant.
Lynora

Return to Leg Lymphedema