Playing golf w/ LE from hip to knee R leg

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Playing golf w/ LE from hip to knee R leg

Postby roadmon » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:23 pm

I've played golf all my life until I got this awful condition. I played some when I was wearing very light stockings. But now I'm mostly in custom garments and besides it is too hot in Atlanta to play during the summer. I did go to hit balls with my husband a few times in April & May. What info is there out there about playing golf with leg LE? I would so much like to get back to playing. It is something that my husband & I have done for 30+ years and always had a great playing together and with friends. HELP, HELP...........
roadmon

Re: Playing golf w/ LE from hip to knee R leg

Postby patoco » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:38 pm

This would probably fall under how it would affect your own individual situation.

I would try a little to see if it causes increased swelling and/or pain. if it does, then you might not want to do it. If it doesn't then play as long as you're ok.

The only caveat would be to play in the early morning or late evening when the heat isn't so terrible. The heat would definately cause problems.

Good luck :!: :wink:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby lacemaker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:16 pm

I play golf.My lymphodema is from the hip to the toes on my left leg. i refuse to give up and make myself go on.I also ski.( It can be difficult and I have real problems getting up again if I do fall so I make damned sure I don't fall).
lacemaker

Postby lacemaker » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:31 am

crocs make golf shoes now.I wear them and they are great.Plenty of support but much nice for me than wearing wide fit mens golf shoes
lacemaker

Return to Leg Lymphedema