Leg cramps

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Leg cramps

Postby Cindy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:04 pm

I went to my doc. today. He tell's me my leg cramps are cuased by le. Is this so? Does anyone else have this same problem? I know I have pain often. But this is new. And with the warm weather comming. I think. I have worse swelling. And if you have this problem what do you do to stop it? The cramps in my thighs is the worst I don't know what to do to stop it. He tested my calciam level and my potassium and they are fine. :roll:
Cindy

Postby patoco » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 pm

Hi Cindy :)

I haven't heard of lymphedema causing leg cramps and am not sure why he would suggest that. :?:

Pain, omg....yes on that :cry:

Have you tried quinine water (tonic water), that can be a big help on the cramps. I'm glad he checked calcium and potassium levels, but think he is missin something else.

Summer is a rough time for just about all of us with leg lymphedema. There is not only that extra swelling, but I have more of a susceeptibility to infections during that time as well.

One exercise that is great for that is sweimming. It's amazing how it helps the swelling and skin texture.

Best to you :!:

Pat O
patoco
Site Admin

Postby coyote » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:52 pm

I have had muscle cramps which I attribute to the lymphedema. They seem to occur most when I am experiencing more than usual swelling in an area. I have also noticed that when I do not maintain consistent compression of my legs, I have more leg cramps. I have muscle cramps in my abdomen, ribcage and truncal areas as well.

All in all, as time has gone on, I have discovered that the better I am compressed in these areas, like 24/7, and the more MLD that I do, the less muscle cramping that I have.
coyote

Return to Leg Lymphedema