skechers sneakers

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

skechers sneakers

Postby burnedoutmom » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 pm

i have lymphedemia in my right leg and lately the foot has also swollen to the point where wearing regular shoes is difficult. I have to wear sneakers for my job in the medical field.
My question is does anyone know if the new type of sneakers (skechers) that are supposed to work the muscles in your legs are a good choice for me given the problem with swelling during the day??

Jackie :?: :?: :?:
burnedoutmom

Re: skechers sneakers

Postby patoco » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:44 am

Hey Jackie :)

Super welcome to our family here :!:

I honestly haven't seen any thing written on Sketchers.

However, it is my own personal opinion that if they do indeed "work" the leg muscles, then they might actually be very worthwhile trying out. I don't know of any reason against them, so this might be a great opportunity to see if they will help us.

One important thing also is whether or not they have good arch support. The extra weight of the leg really puts pressure on the arch and any shoes we wear need to fully support it.

The other thing with sneakers is that you have to be sure to be them clean inside. I would strongly recommend an antiseptic foot powder. The only time I ever got athlete's feet was back in 1970 from wearing sneakers. I never did figure out where that came from as I did keep them clean and sanitized.

But, I was wondering too, if you have had any CDT or MLD for your lymphedema and if you are wearing any type of compression garment or wraps. This should really help in getting the size of your leg down.

Again, super welcome and we all look forward to getting to know you as well :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: skechers sneakers

Postby burnedoutmom » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Thank you for the input.
I wear a compression stocking daily and I have a lymphedemia pump. Since I was just recently diagnosed, my doctor told me that it is "in the early stages", so I don't need a therapist or leg wrappings "yet".

This board is great, and I'm really glad that I found it.

Jackie :P :idea:
burnedoutmom

Return to Leg Lymphedema