Pain in legs

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Pain in legs

Postby Cindy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:52 pm

I have pain in my legs most of the time. Sometimes I have to go to bed to get any let up. Sometimes my husband will rub the top of my feet and this will bring instant easing of the pain. I don't know what the top of my feet has to do with my legs but it does. I have le and I also have Lipoedema. I have a large growth on the back of my right thigh. It keeps my leg pushed out towards the right. It hurts so much because when I sit or lay down I can not keep my leg sitting streight. And the chair seat goes right through the middle of it. I don't know if the pain is caused because of the le or the lipoedema? When my therepist messages my legs it hurts so much at first. Pat how are your lungs doing? I just went and had a new lung stress test. They said my lungs are getting worse. I have Restrictive lung disease. I don't know if you remember me? I haven't said any thing for a while. They put me on some new meds They help some. They said my heart has enlarged because of the stress of trying to get my air about my body. :roll: My brain does not work so well now. Of course some would say it never did :lol: Well I hope all is well with you.all Have a happy Holiday.
Cindy

Re: Pain in legs

Postby patoco » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 am

Hey Cindy :D

Of course, I remember you :!:

When you consider the it is well documented that lip causes pain as does the lymphedema. Combining with that is the pressure against the nerve from that growth. You have three key pain generating factors so I am not surprised at all that you are experiencing it.

Take a look at this page:

http://www.removestress.com/images/sciatic-nerve.jpg

It shows the sciatic nerve that runs from the hip all through the foot. It is one of the body's largest nerves and you are having it mashed and compressed by all three things you mentioned. The explains too how your hubby's rubbing you feet help. It probably is very soothing to that nerve.

I wish there was something they could do for the growth - at last if it were removed or if it is a fluid pocked that could be massaged out, it would help.

My lungs are about the same. The doctor recently put me on Advair and that seems to help. All the radiology tests show that I have had quite a bit of damage to my lung tissue as well - loosing elasticity. This is all from the fluid. it boggle my mind when they told me that my lungs were showing the same type of damage experience by cystic fibrosis patients because of the fluid they have. My pleurex cathetors continue to work well and I am continuiing draining my lungs every few days.

It still rough though - and this lack of oxygen literally drains you of every bit of energy you have.

So far I have been sparred having any damage to my heart and hopefully we will continue to prevent that .

You and your family have a super holiday too - good to hear from you :)

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema