Less swelling in cooler weather???

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Less swelling in cooler weather???

Postby roadmon » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:52 pm

My right leg has swelled more at the top of my thigh than it ever has. I even left the Atlanta area for the midwest the whole month of August to escape some of the southern heat. Is the swelling less when the weather gets cooler? I sure hope so. Lymph nodes were removed at the top of my thigh and that is where the most swelling is. I would appreciate knowing if the swelling will improve.........Please advise.

Beck (Roadmon)
roadmon

Re: Less swelling in cooler weather???

Postby joanne johnson » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi Roadmom,

The swelling is always worse during the summer months. I tend to get many more cellulitis infections during hot weather. You will need to keep up with the bandaging, manual lymph drainage etc. all year on a daily basis if you want to see general overall improvement with the swelling. Best of luck to you! :)
joanne johnson

Return to Leg Lymphedema