mld

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

mld

Postby suzeeq » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Is it beneficial to get mld from a therapist every 2 weeks? I was doing that for 2 years, but now am being told from the physical therapist that they usually only see patients in the acute phase, every day for a week or two. Then after that they are on their own. I have not had therapy since November but really can't say that I am worse. I think I am maintaining, and when I am really swollen and uncomfortable, I will do self manual lymph drainage. I'm in compression panty hose all day and bandage at night. Insurance is not an issue.The therapy is paid for. The first clinic that I initially went to has now closed, and the second one doesn't want to see me. So back to my original question. Should I insist on having mld twice a month, or just observe my edema and go if it starts getting worse?
Another issue - has anyone experienced a burning sensation while wearing compression hose? I wear Juzo one legged panty hose, and the hose extends to mid thigh on my unaffected leg. After sitting, even if only for a minute, I get a burning sensation to both of my upper posterior thighs, right under my buttocks. It is quite painful and uncomfortable and I have to pull at the stocking to get if away from my skin. No rash or redness noted. I have used Juzo products in the past without any problems, but this hose is a 40-50 pressure, so the material I'm sure is a little heavier. I called Juzo and was surprised that they were so unhelpful and dismissive with me. Said that no one had ever complained about that before and that I should call my doctor. I don't have a doctor for this and I think the material is a factor. I just wanted to be taken seriously and not blown off. They could have cared less. So now I'm waiting on a new pair. Was measured for a custom Medieven one legged panty hose and hope this works. It's really hard to be compliant when you have pain. Thanks, Susan
suzeeq

Return to Leg Lymphedema