Pain in my leg....why?

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Pain in my leg....why?

Postby roadmon » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:58 pm

I have swelling in my right left above the knee to top of my thigh. I've had it for a year and a half....worse at the top of my leg. I've been through 3 therapists and the last one is great....I wear 40-50 garments and 40-50 custom made with the lolvey seam. Lately at the end of this hot summer in Atlanta I've had more pain in my thigh. Why is it that you get more pain....also my leg doesn't even feel like my leg sometimes. I get lots of exercise and it helps a little w/ the swelling. But why the pain? I never really had any till the last month or so. Help!! :
roadmon

Postby patoco » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:00 pm

Hey Rodmon

I've been going through that pain lately too and I wonder if it just the climate/change going on now?

The heat here this summer has been really brutal and seriously affects leg lymph.

Otherwise, if the pain had been going on for a long time, I would also say that perhaps it is neuropathy cause by the compression of the swelling on the nerves.

BTW..last few mornings have been sooooooooooooooooo refreshing and cool...finally :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema